Change Screen resolution?

Avinash Sridhar avinash.sridhar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 22:47:52 UTC 2005

what laptop are u using. I had the same prob of minimal screen size
with Kubuntu and I have  Dell Inspiron and i think the card I have is
an i810. I had to google around a bit and found out that i had to
manually change the xorg file to support my screen.
Fedora Core 3 seems to have fixed this bug during the installer stage itself.

FYI this is what i had to paste/replace to get my screen to the full
1024x768 resolution
Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset
Integrated Graphics Device"
	Driver		"i810"
	BusID		"PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
        ModelName       "Dell 1024x768 Laptop Display Panel"
        HorizSync       31.5 - 48.5
        VertRefresh     59.0 - 75.0
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Videocard0"
        Driver          "i810"
        VendorName      "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName       "Intel 845"
        VideoRam                        10000
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device "Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset
Integrated Graphics Device"
        Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           16
                Modes           "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubsection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "1024x768"