no sound with many video files

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at spymac.com
Fri Apr 15 05:18:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 21:56 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> Wow that's great. Are there command line system tools in Ubuntu, that
> could "cut" a file to a given size ? Or do I need to install a completed
> video editing program, and if so, any Gnome program you can recommend in
> Synaptic ?
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Vince

Yes, dd and it's installed by default in almost any UNIX/Linux/*BSD OS
out there (man dd).

Run: dd if=bad_file.wmv of=to_be_send.wmv bs=1k count=100
The above command will read 100KiB from "bad_file.wmv" and put it in a
new file called "to_be_send.wmv".

If you really going to send me any file for testing, send it directly to
my, not to the list, as I think it wont be a good idea to flood the list
with large attachments.

Ziyad.