no sound with many video files

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at spymac.com
Thu Apr 14 17:51:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 21:09 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> Hi Ziyad,
>
> Shall I assume that you are you responsible or involved in
> developping/fixing/maintaining the mplayer w32codecs or gstreamer
> codecs ?
No, I'm not. I'm just a normal user how wants to help others just like
other helped me before (pay my debut to the open source community!).

> May I keep your e-mail and send you details of the problems I have like
> baza, with most (if not all) of my MOV and VMW 8 and 9 video files ?
I would love to *try* and help you as much as I could!.  I don't have
any problems with media files and/or sound.  So feel free to send me
anything you want to ask (I might have the *correct* answer! Who
knows!?).

> I will have to install mplayr first, which is always a major challenge
> for me, so can't report the problems immediatly, but may I e-mail you
> later ?
Feel free to do so.

> If I can' tinstall mplayer to get the debug info, can I send you
> the videos that cause problems for you to run mplyaer on them and see
> for yourself ?
Only the first few kilo-bytes of the offending file.

> Thanks much for your help, it's a big ray of hope in my multimedia
> woes...
>

> --
> Vince
I hope I could help.

(So sorry about the delay, I was busy.  I will try to replay as soon as
possible in the future.)

Ziyad.