is rlogin secure?

IvoE ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Apr 14 10:54:29 UTC 2005

Jim Cheetham Wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 18:03 +0000, Soo-Hyun Choi wrote:
>
> I would be interested to know why you "insist on using rlogin" - we
> may
> be able to show you an equivalent way to use ssh.

I just installed a test machine with Ubuntu to use within our company
network. We are using rlogin, rsh etc to do some remote work on other
machine's in the same network. Please try to explain why I should use
ssh instead of rlogin at a safe inhouse network.

I haven't been able to find a solution yet, but I really want to use
the 'normal' rsh tools instead of the secure ones. I hope someone can
help me out and tell me how to get it working, instead of asking me why
I 'insist to use rlogin'.

--
IvoE