gam server killed...

Michael Wohlwend micha-1 at fantasymail.de
Thu Apr 14 09:08:16 UTC 2005

Hi,

this little annoying server was constantly burning cpu-cycles. I have never
had this problem before (mandrake), just now with kubuntu.
I tried to find the startup of this server, but did not find it (cd  /etc;
grep -r gam * did not give good results, or I overread it)
now I renamed the executable and killed that thing. I needed to restart
firefox, but the rest of the system is nicely fast now.

I use kde, which does notice changes in the filesystem quite fast.

cheers
 Micha