Conduct (Re: World Domination?)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 14 00:28:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:59:45AM +0200, Philippe Landau wrote:

> The large part of the "nonsense" in my email
> consists of verbatim copies from the official Ubuntu.com homepage.

No, the "nonsense" in your email consists of conspiracy theories,
nonspecific rants, and vague accusations of bias against you.

> >so either speak openly, or I will spend my time more productively.  This
> >is my choice.  Ubuntu is not out to get you.  No one is suppressing you
> >or excluding you.
> That depends on whether you act on your implicit threat to unsubscribe/ban
> me.

Believe me, I have much more productive things to do than police the mailing
lists; that certainly isn't what I meant by spending my time more
productively.

If you were to push someone to that point, I think you would be the first
person to have caused enough of a disruption to justify it.  Are you
pursuing that dubious honor?

> >Ubuntu does have rules, however, and you (like everyone else) are expected
> >to abide by them when participating in Ubuntu discussion forums.  Most
> >relevant in this instance is the Code of Conduct:
> >http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/conduct
> What part exactly am i violating according to you ?

Start with "Be considerate" and "Be respectful".

Both terms are adequately defined by the dictionaries available in Ubuntu,
if their meaning is not clear.

> >This isn't persecution; it's civilization.  Can you behave according to
> >the code, or not?
> I do my best to follow standard Netiquette.  If Canonical/Ubuntu has a
> policy of disallowing criticism on their public mailinglists, this is
> their choice of course.

There is no such policy, and no amount of FUD will make it so.

--
 - mdz