Conduct (Re: World Domination?)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 13 23:34:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:09:21AM +0200, Philippe Landau wrote:

> Peter Garrett wrote:
> >of which there have been quite a few, rather than ignoring them...
> The technical director of Ubuntu, MDZ, has said he will ignore my posts if
> i don't drop my "antagonism".

"If you would like to dispense with the antagonism and vague accusations,
and clearly explain the situation as you perceive it, I am willing to
listen.  Otherwise, there are much more pressing issues facing Ubuntu at the
moment, which need attention."

 - me, 2005-04-06

Put more simply: I do not have time for this nonsense, so either speak
openly, or I will spend my time more productively.  This is my choice.

Ubuntu is not out to get you.  No one is suppressing you or excluding you.
Ubuntu does have rules, however, and you (like everyone else) are expected
to abide by them when participating in Ubuntu discussion forums.  Most
relevant in this instance is the Code of Conduct:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/conduct

This isn't persecution; it's civilization.  Can you behave according to the
code, or not?

--
 - mdz