No sound with vlc mozilla plugin

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Wed Apr 13 18:15:17 UTC 2005

Hi there!

I read a lot bout multimedia in linux the last weeks and decided to try
vlc mozilla plugin for the prupose to watch a internet tv I participate
in. So vlc works fine under Gnome, but the mozilla plugin doesn't play
any sound. I started firefox under console and found out that one format
(Quicktime) has no supported audio format, which I guess I can't change.
But with mediaplayer 8 stream I just get the output
can't open /dev/dsp

so I guess that could be the clue. I've also installed vlc esd plugin
and thought it's best to configure it to use it. But I can't find the
configuration files for vlc - not in /etc/ nor in ~/.vlc/

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks a lot,

Rainer