Software KVM application?

Primal ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Apr 13 12:25:11 UTC 2005

Alec Berryman Wrote:
> Eamonn Sullivan on 2005-02-10 16:42:27 +0000:
>
> > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:32:13 +0200, Marius Gedminas <marius at pov.lt>
> wrote:
> KVM
> >
> > Do you mean Synergy? I haven't tried it, but it apparently lets you
> > move between computers by just moving the mouse from one screen to
> > another. I've been meaning to try this, so let me know if it works.
> >
> > http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
>
> I believe he is talking about synergy - I use it and it is *awesome*.
> It's not precisely a KVM - it's best described as emulating a
> multiheaded system with multiple computers.  Use one mouse and
> keyboard on multiple computers seamlessly.
>
> Best of all, it's not a 'Linux app' - it supports a number of
> platforms, as long as they're all using the same protocol version.

Actually, what all the replies to Senectus original message have
suggested deal with *MULTIPLE* monitors. I believe I'm in the same boat
as Senectus and have just *ONE* monitor. I'd like to know if there
actually is a program that works as a KVM for two different computers
but just ONE monitor, ONE keyboard, and ONE mouse.

I don't need programs that move my mouse from one monitor to another,
but allow me to switch the display on the one monitor between multiple
computers. It would need to work for multiple systems too, since one
computer obviously runs Ubuntu and the other runs Windows.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Primal