[Multiverse] broken dependencies

Gianni Exile ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Apr 13 09:03:54 UTC 2005

Christoph Georgi Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that the following dependencies are broken:
> * mplayer-386 requires libsvga1, which is not installable
> * msttcorefonts requires cabextract, which is not installable
>
> Two days ago I was able to install both programs without any problems?
>
> Does anyone know about this issue?
>
> thanks
> ..christoph

Works okay here, both programs installed today.

Using aptitude, select a version of mplayer, like
"1:1.0-pre6-0.3ubuntu6" -- the others will show up broken when you try
to install them (scroll onto the versions and hit +).

Here's my /etc/apt/sources.list file:

Code:
--------------------

  deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted universe multiverse
  deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted universe multiverse

  ## Uncomment the following two lines to fetch major bug fix updates produced
  ## after the final release of the distribution.
  deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary-updates main restricted universe multiverse
  # deb-src http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-updates main restricted

  ## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
  ## repository.
  ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
  ## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
  ## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
  ## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
  ## team.
  # deb http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe
  # deb-src http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe

  deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main restricted
  deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main restricted

  # deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security universe
  # deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security universe

  deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
  deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
  deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main

--
Gianni Exile