Oh Boy....

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 13 09:05:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:24:11AM +0200, Christoph Wegscheider wrote:

> There are also many apps which simply doesn't fulfill the requirements to
> be included, but people want/need them anyway on their debian/ubuntu
> installation.

I would argue that there are very few such applications.  The only firm
requirement for adding a new package to the multiverse repository is that it
be able to be redistributed as part of Ubuntu.

> So I think there are and will be third party debs.

I don't think that third party debs will go away, but we hope to minimize
fragmentation by incorporating them into Ubuntu wherever feasible.

--
 - mdz