Bug in firefox?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 02:19:29 UTC 2005

> Yesterday Firefox couldn't respond to anything and I had to kill it
> and restart it again. I would like to file a bug for this, but I have
> no clue as to how to reproduce it...
>
> When I experience this kind of hang/crash, what can I do to get
> information that will help developpers find the source of the bug?

the first step is to find a way to reproduce it.  If you can' , then
the developpers really don't have a lot to work with to track the bug
down.  Once you find a way to reproduce it, then you can run firefox
from the command line and see if it generate any errors when you
reproduce the bug.

Other steps to try as well tp try to track the bug down: does the bug
appears if you don't have any plugins or extensions.  Is it also
present if you start using a new user profile.

But at this point without more information than " firefox crashed"  I
don't think it's worth filling a bug report.