[Warty] and Evolution - sent mail going to unassigned recipients - Linz

Lindsay judenlinz at orcon.net.nz
Tue Apr 12 11:38:08 UTC 2005

Is it possible I have a virus or Trojan?

I sent an email to a PC-Helpers list (for Windows users) and a bcc copy
to a local friend, using Evolution.   A third party received this email
which he realized wasn't for him and he contacted me immediately.
Would you say this was a viral problem as I am using Ubuntu Linux only,
on this PC?

I am about to download Avast anti-virus just in case, but felt I'd get a
few opinions first.  Also, I do not know how to install Avast (which has
a Linux version) on my Ubuntu PC, so will require so help with doing
that after I download it via Firefox.

Cheers,
Linz