Synaptic broken ?? :-/

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Apr 12 05:39:59 UTC 2005

> Something wrong with your sources.lst file. Open it with text editor and look:
> aren't some sources commented.

Yes, the marillat repo and the CD, but that's intentional (I added
'main' at the end of the file). Please tell me what is wrong exactly ?

>  Launch:
>       apt-get update
> after that and don't trust to graphical backends, use raw apt instead.

apt-get does exactly the same thing as Synaptic, same error message on
the same packages. Synaptic is just the front end, it only relays the
apt messages... apt-get install is the same as clicking the reload
button in synaptic.
I do use apt-get and dpkg some times, but most of the time Synaptic is
much easier...

Can you send me your sources.list please ?

Cheers,

--
Vince