Old Mac theme for Gnome ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Apr 12 04:09:17 UTC 2005

This fetish for old Ivory/Beige macs, anything from the 1990 Apple LC
right up to the last Tower Beige G3 in 1998, is still haunting me.
If only I could hammer a standard ATX motherobard and power supply into
a Tower G3, boy, I would buy one ! Sadly, looking at some pics I got
from the chassis, it looks like a hammer wouldn't suffice, it would also
require a chainsaw and angle grinder !!! :o(((

Failing that, I am trying to get Gnome to look like the OS that used to
run on them.

I searched www.gnomelooks.org for anything "mac" and "apple", but all it
returned was some stuff from the ugly KDE looking "OS-X".

What I want is something that looks like the older version of Mac OS.
Looking at http://www.apple-history.com , I guess I am talking MAc OS 7
up to 9.

I remember working at Uni on a beautiful Tower ivory G3, it had a lovely
blue Mac logo/face (boot splash) when the desktop was loading, and the
dominant background colour was white, with black or dark grey controls I
think. Looks very clean and  crisp. That's what I want ! :o))))))))
What version of Mac OS is that ?

Anyone knows of a GTK theme and Metacity/window borders that mimic
this ?

Failing that, could someone show me some screen shots, so that I can try
to fiddle with the Clear looks theme, to get at least all the colours
right ?

The site mentionned above only shows the computers, not the OS. And the
"apple musuem" is apparently defunct, so can't check there :o(

Eric, Romeyn, please rescue me...

--
Vince, dreaming of a perfect, 100% complete/accurate old Mac theme
package for Breezy.....