Sudden change in spatial behaviour?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Mon Apr 11 20:17:16 UTC 2005

Hello,

Is there perhaps a recent change in default behaviour of Nautilus file
manager. Instead of opening a new window and leaving the old one open
too, Nautilus begun a couple of days ago to close the old window behind
(when double clicking with the left mouse button). The change happened
seemingly quite suddenly when I was moving around in the file tree.
Clicking with Alt + Shift pressed down made the thing happen in spatial
way.

I searched Ubuntu forums for the problem and found this fresh thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=24915&highlight=spatial
Posters seem to think that this is just a new feature, but I don't
remember seeing any announcement of such change anywhere. Does anyone
know if this indeed is an intended change in how Nautilus behaves?

There's a fix for this presented in the forum thread mentioned above
too: In GConf select apps > nautilus > preferences and check
no_ubuntu_spatial key. One would think that it should be the other way
round, but it worked anyway.

Regards,

Ari