Driver version

Behrang Saeedzadeh behrangsa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:28:43 UTC 2005

Thanks for the replies.

BTW - There's something wiered happening on my notebook. When I turn on my
notebook and log into Hoary, my wireless crashes (or something like that) in
less than 20 minutes.

But then when I do

rmmod ipw2200
modprobe ipw2200

It starts working and does not crash anymore (or it least it doesn't crash
while my notebook is on). Is there any difference between the driver is
loaded in the boot time and with modprobe.

And how can I remove the current driver and use a newer version of it? A
newer version of it is available at the ipw2200.sf.net<http://ipw2200.sf.net>
.

One more Q: is the ipw2200 driver used in Ubuntu a patched version of the
original ipw2200 driver? And is it changed since Warty? modinfo reports the
same version...

Best Regards,
Behrang.