How to copy a CD-ROM using Nautilus?

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 11 16:25:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 11:48 -0400, Buffalo Soldier wrote:
> Tony Arnold Wrote:
> > Will Graveman copy an audio CD if I have a single drive?
> >
> > When I tell it to copy, it asks me to load the destination CD
> > immediately! I've not preceedded beyond this point, but maybe it does
> > do
> > the right thing?
> >
> > Any comments/experience?

> Correct me if I'm wrong. What I understand is that you only have 1 CD
> drive and that is your CD burner. And you wish to make a duplicate CD.

Correct.

> What I could try to do in your situation is
> -  go to the side panel and click on Duplicate CD
> -  Duplicate from: <your cd burner drive>
> -  Write to: ISO file...
> -  Name the ISO file and start ripping.
> -  After all is done. Change Duplicate from: ISO file...
> -  Write to: <your cd burner drive>
> -  Write tracks...

OK, I'll try this tonight. I wasn't sure if I could make an ISO image
from an audio CD.

> I've a CD-ROM and CD-R so I haven't tried this. Hope graveman will do
> the job.

Of course, buying a second CD-ROM drive woud also be an option, They are
absurdly cheap these days!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Tony.
Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold