Java development on Ubuntu

John Ughrin jughrin at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 15:50:41 UTC 2005

I'm thinking about developing some Java stuff. What's
the preferred IDE or JDK or is there one? Does one
work better in Ubuntu? The features I'm most
interested in are syntax highlighting/assistance,
object browsing, and autocompletion. I'm basically a
hobbyist. I've worked with Netbeans for WinXP, which
was pretty nice, but seemed a tad bloated for my
actual needs. Any thoughts or advice?

==
"Faith without works is nothing,
 works without faith is still...ah...pretty good."
Jon Stewart, _The Daily Show_ 1/18/2005