grub error 15 after hoary install

David McGaffin david-lists at bigbluesea.org
Mon Apr 11 00:56:08 UTC 2005

Although I have successfully installed Hoary on my laptop, I tried this
weekend to install it on my 5-year old desktop PC that had been running
Mandrake Linux with Lilo as the boot manager.  The Hoary install went
fine until it wast time to reboot to finish the installation.

At first, I received a Grub Error 18.  After some searching, I created a
small /boot partition at the beginning of the disk. Re-install.  Reboot.

Now, I get Grub Error 15, which indicates that a file cannot be found by
Grub.  Can anyone suggest either a remedy for this problem or the steps
I need to take to investigate and change the Grub configuration during
the install?

Thanks for any help.

- david