CD Images

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 10 22:48:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 11:24:00AM +0100, Ken Adams wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 09:59 +0100, Eamonn Sullivan wrote:
> > On Apr 10, 2005 9:15 AM, Ken Adams <ken at familyadams.com> wrote:
> > > I have a friend in Wales, who has 2 hopes of getting broadband. he would
> > > like to try Ubuntu. i have heard that you can get a set of CDs for a
> > > totally CD based initial install. This would be great for him as a 56K
> > > download would take a couple of days to install Ubuntu first off.
> > >
> > > Can anyone point me in the right direction please.
> >
> > http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org/
> >
> Sorry guys, I didn't explain myself properly.
>
> What we are after is a snapshot of the main repository on 4 or 5 CDs. I
> read that someone had got this already, albeit for Warty.

We do not have plans to produce a multi-CD installation set (nor have we
done so in the past).  A single CD is all that is required to install the
system, and provides a great deal of functionality "out of the box".  Is
there something in particular that you feel is lacking, and is problematic
to download?

--
 - mdz