Any "Compellng" reason to upgrade?

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Sun Apr 10 12:58:53 UTC 2005

On ma, 2005-04-11 at 00:17 +1200, Mike wrote:
> Hoary has been out for sometime now, so go on, give me two
> "Compelling" reasons to upgrade :)

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
For me the compelling reason was that ACPI didn't work properly in
Warty, but if you are satisfied with Warty, then keep it :)

The (IMHO) biggest improvements for everyday use are:
* Better ATI/Nvidia drivers
* ACPI Fixes
* Gnome 2.10 looks better
* It offers KDE and XFCE (I like neither, but some people do, and it's
  nice to have the option)
* Firefox 1.0.x has some nice new features
* I prefer Xorg over XFree, so to me this is an improvement
--
Dennis K.
 <- Are you suicidal?