CD Images

Maximilian Gerlach m at px0.de
Sun Apr 10 12:33:54 UTC 2005

Am Sonntag, den 10.04.2005, 12:37 +0100 schrieb Ken Adams:
> On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 12:34 +0200, Maximilian Gerlach wrote:
> > > What we are after is a snapshot of the main repository on 4 or 5 CDs. I
> > > read that someone had got this already, albeit for Warty.
> > dvd images containing this exist. Search the website for them.
>
> Unfortunately, DVD is not an option, unless I take my DVD out of my
> machine and take it up to him:-)
I know that problem.. that why I bought myself a shining  *extern* dvd
writer ;)

> CDs are the required option.
So I think you won't find any ready-to-go solution. You will have to
download the main archive and configure the cds to act as an apt-source.
Unfortunately I don't have any idea how to do this.
I would recommend you to contact the devs, ask them, and write a howto
for the poor souls that have the same problem :)

Regards,
Maxi