system monitor in Warty

Guido Heumann listguido at web.de
Sat Apr 9 19:54:32 UTC 2005

Frank McCormick schrieb:

> I am still running Warty (a little afraid to upgrade) and I noticed
> something strange this morning.
> I ran the system monitor and the first 12 lines are blank. No names, no
> arguments but at the bottom it says the process are sleeping, and the
> nice varies from 10 to 19.
> These seem to be system processes as if I click on My Processes they are
> all shown with no blanks.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Frank

Hi,

doesn't this problem go away when you reboot? Or re-login?

If you want to find out about the running processes, you can open a
terminal and try one these commands:

pstree -pu
ps -aux
top (quit top with the "q" key)

You can also "kill" zombie processes from within the system monitor or
via the (terminal) command "kill -9 number", where number is the id of
the process.

HTH,
Guido