Timezone correction

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Sat Apr 9 15:42:35 UTC 2005

On 9 Apr 2005, at 15:46, Martin J Hooper wrote:

> What do I need to do to edit my timezone?
>
> Just been running Hoary and went back to windows to find my Windows
> Time an hour behind.
>
> Any ideas?

This is due to a conflict between windows and ubuntu over the internal
clock. Somewhere on the ubuntu site there is a faq entry about this -
but the site is feeling the pressure at the moment, and I can't get to
it.

In the meanwhile, take a look at the archives of this list at
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user
and look for the thread "Time (Clock) changes when I reboot into
Windows" from around March 1st.

HTH

John

www.ubuntulinux.org