No network after installing Hoary

Evan Monroig evan.ubuntu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 11:31:56 UTC 2005

You can have a look at /etc/network/interfaces

The most basic configuration with DHCP looks like this

-------------------------

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.
# They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.
mapping hotplug
        script grep
        map eth0

# The primary network interface
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto eth0

Be sure to make a backup of your file :)

Evan