Synaptic in Hoary

Shot - Piotr Szotkowski shot at hot.pl
Sat Apr 9 04:19:30 UTC 2005

Hello.

Ed Fletcher:

> I ran 'find / -name synaptic' and it wasn't anywhere, so
> I did 'apt-get install synaptic' and now it's on the menu
> where it should be.
>
> Don't know why it disappeared during the dist-upgrade though.

Make sure you install ubuntu-desktop, then; it depends on synaptic,
so if synaptic was out, then it was out as well. As there are new
dependencies of ubuntu-desktop in Hoary (with regards to Warty),
you might be missing something new if you left ubuntu-desktop out.

Note: make sure to check whether installing ubuntu-desktop won't
uninstall anything from your computer. If you're missing ubuntu-desktop,
then most probably you installed something that conflicted with it (or
one of its dependencies); if this is still true for Hoary, Synaptic will
try to uninstall that thing when installing ubuntu-desktop.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
     To my embarrassment I was born in bed with a lady.   -- Wilson Mizner
====================== http://shot.pl/hovercraft/ === http://shot.pl/1/125/ ===