CD ripping speed?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Apr 8 23:47:51 UTC 2005

> I'm using Sound Juicer for the first time. The ripping speed to
> ogg-vorbis files is 2x on my reasonably new DVD/CD burner. Does that
> sound right?

Audio extraction speed should be indicated in your CD-ROM drive's
manual, I would think.
Also, in my experience, the age of drive can be misleading !
I had an anciant x4 drive that could extract at full speed, x4, whereas
I then replaced it with a super (at the time) x32 drive, which would
extract at only x1.0 or x1.2 !!!
So in short, aurido extraction performance appears to be really an
afterthought in most manufacturers's eyes... :-/

--
Vince