So today why the list is so people ?

Brian Pack darkaudit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 23:36:48 UTC 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 04:20 pm, Jason Straight wrote:
> On Friday 08 April 2005 16:00, Philippe Lasfargues wrote:
> > Have a drink ? lol
>
> Have another one! lol

I could use one! It took four attempts at installing with a PATA/SATA mix of
drives. Each time it booted, it failed to find whatever had been installed to
the SATA drive. I finally gave up and installed without configuring the SATA
drive at all. I went back later and modprobed a bit until the drive came up
and configured it then.

I'm still not quite sure which modules are the correct ones. Here's
my /etc/modules:

nvidia
ide-cd
ide-disk
ide-generic
sata_sil
srmod
sbp2
lp
mousedev
psmouse
sbp2
sr_mod
satasil

# I2C adapter drivers
i2c-nforce2
i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
eeprom
w83627hf

Yeah, there's some dupes, but I haven't found anything that will tell me what
to do here.

Board is an Abit NF7-S v.2 with a Silicon Image onboard SATA controller.