Scanner

hagen van rissenbeck news4didascali at gmx.net
Fri Apr 8 18:41:31 UTC 2005

Hi.

I recommend Epson.

The scanners that I know, are running fine under Linux.

Epson is also supporting Linux, and they offer proprietairy drivers under

  www.epkowa.co.jp

with a link > english > linuxdrivers

or go directly to

  http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/index.html

(here you get the drivers, a faq and a handbook).

I use with satisfaction the epson perfection 2400 photo.

If you have got a laptop, just enter the pc-shop and try it out.

My experiences with Suse and Mandrake: the epson scanners had to be
configured, then they did in 90 % of the cases a fine job, because the drive
is within the sane - packages. Sometimes, scanners are too new for the
official linux-distros, so they will not run :-(

In the case of hoary: I started my scanner in order to scan, with no
configuration. Everything was already prepared, when I clicked onto the
xsane-icon for the 1st time!

Hagen