Warty is tweaked just right. How long will it be supported?

Mike Drabik drabikmr at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 14:32:51 UTC 2005

I installed Warty Ubunutu on my new 'small-form' PC in
early March.

It's tweaked juuuust the way I like it.

I see Hoary is now a 'release candidate'.

That's good.

However, even when Hoary becomes final - I probably
won't install it for a while.

Call me old-fashioned, but with an upgrade from
anything to something as minor as a tiddley-winks
program to as major an O/S - things are never quite
perfect AND there's always, without fail, some kind of
new contortion (or two or three or  more) one has to
go through to get the darn thing working to one's
specs.

So, I'd like to just like to sit back and watch this
'user's list' for a while and see what happens with
Hoary.

The questions is, though, may I?

I hope so.

If not, I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it and
upgrade right-away.However, if I can wait to upgrade
to Hoary - then this begs the question: how long can I
wait? Weeks? Months? Years? Forever?

Mike In Ohio, USA