Installation report for Acer TravelMate 8100

ford42 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Apr 8 11:49:41 UTC 2005

Anyone try Kernel 2.6.12-rc2 on this laptop?  No matter what I try, I
keep getting a kernel panic attempting to mount root.  I can't tell if
the harddrive is being detected because the SATA messages scroll off
the screen too quick.  Any advice on either pausing the screen or
getting the kernel working?  I am using the same config that I used
with 2.6.11-6, which works fine.  I also applied the libata patch.

--
ford42