Gnome Bittorrent uploads

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Fri Apr 8 01:05:02 UTC 2005

pe, 2005-04-08 kello 02:37 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez kirjoitti:
> > I wonder if there's a way in Gnome Bittorrent to re-establish the
> > connection to bittorrent network and let others download from you again
> > if you have had to shut down your machine in between. I can't keep my PC
> > running at night, but I could keep it on in daytime and let people
> > download Ubuntu from me. I haven't found a way, though, to put the file
> > back to share after my machine has been shut down. Ofcourse I could
> > download the file again in the morning and start sharing it , but that
> > wouldn't be the most effective way to do the thing.
>
> Easy : just download the file again. It will see that the file already
> exist, will think that the download got interrupted, so will resume the
> download, of course it will be done in 5 seconds because the file is
> already complete, but then it will sit there, and keep uploading the
> file to others. Well, that's the behaviour Ihave witnessed with the CLI
> version anyway ('btdownoadcurses'), don't know if the GUI version work
> this way...
>

> --
> Vince

Hi Vince! (and Emil :)

I still get suprised how simple, clever and elegant these Gnome
applications can be. I was hoping to find a setting where I could point
the program to the previously downloaded file and let it be shared
again, but as you said all I have to do is to start downloading again.
Yes Vince, apparently it works exactly the same as the CLI version
(never used it myself). The program seemed to start downloading the .iso
file from the net again, but the progress bar moved very fast and
propably the file was just being checked. Great! :-)

Ari