moving partititions

Drewcore drewsph at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 00:23:22 UTC 2005

it seems to me like this probably won't help, though i'll test it on one app...

no, this doesn't fix my problem... its only some of my apps that load
slowly, mostly the ones that are packaged with gnome (totem,
users-admin, network-admin, etc). i'm using xfce now because the gnome
apps load so slowly (including panel).

i don' t know what the deal is.

drew

On Apr 7, 2005 6:44 PM, Matthew S-H <mathbymath at aol.com> wrote:
> What is prelinking and how might I do it?  haha.  I like the idea of a
> faster Ubuntu!!
>
> ~Matt
>

> On Apr 7, 2005, at 6:20 PM, Jim Cheetham wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 16:43 -0500, Drewcore wrote:
> >> i was thinking about moving my partitions around. my usr partition is
> >> at the end of my drive, so i want to move it closer (next to root
> >> partition) because i hope that it will make my programs load faster.
> >> is this a good idea?
> >
> > It's not a bad idea, but for the amount of effort you'll expend, the
> > benefits will be too small to detect.
> >
> > prelinking will probably help more than changing the physical location
> > on the disk.
> > --
> > -jim cheetham = jim at egressive dot com
> > www.egressive.com, www.effusiongroup.com
> >

> > --

dc .. drewcore.com