"I'm not dead yet... I think I'll go for a walk..."

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Fri Apr 8 00:17:54 UTC 2005

On 7 Apr 2005, at 23:39, Steve Grobe wrote:

> Being a Mac fanatic and user I resemble that remark.  ;)  And that is
> ok.  Why because I haven't been as thrilled with an OS since my BeOS
> days.  I spent two years using BeOS then tried Linux for about a year.
> When I got into digital photography I switched to a Mac, mainly
> because the tools are superior.  But; wait for it; I am so thrilled
> with Ubuntu that I am thinking about installing it on my iBook and
> doing a dual boot on my dual G5 tower.  Why?  Because Ubuntu seems to
> just work and I really like the "community".  I haven't run into such
> a friendly bunch of people since I started playing with deb based
> distros a year ago with Libranet.

Yup. The community - and the code of conduct - are marvellous. Even if
the code was rubbish - which it most certainly is not - Ubuntu would
still rock, simply because it is a good place to be.

I use OS X most of the time, and have a soft spot for Slackware, but in
the end, Ubuntu is where I'm at, because I can contribute what I know
and get a whole lot more back about what I don't know.

I'm feeling all warm inside, so I won't rant about weird accusations of
pseudo-elitists and groupies :)

John