[Hoary] XFCE "nightmare" : how to remove it ???

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Apr 8 00:17:31 UTC 2005

Yesterday I gave XFCE a try. I went to Synaptic, selected the "xfce4"
package, and it installed hundreds of other/related packages, fine.

Problem : now I want to remove xfce. So I select the xfce4 package, mark
it for "complete removal", and...... horror, it removes only the "xfce4"
package, but not the myriad of other packages ! Of course I cna always
take 10 minutes to remove each and every package that have "xfce" in
their name, but what about all the packages that got installed but maybe
don'ty have "xfce" in their name ? I can't rmeove them becauser I don't
even know who they are ! :-/
So I hav eno wya to remove xfce cleanly, nevermind easily.

I guess I cna extrapolate and ask : everytime I install ONE package in
Synpatic and it install 200 related packages, why is it that removing
this one package, doens't also remove all the other packages ???

Help.

--
Vince, now with a big xfce mess in his Ubuntu.... good excuse to wipe it
all off and re-install Hoary in a few hours when the official ISO is