Hoary Pre-Update Checklist

Olafur Arason olafra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 00:00:20 UTC 2005

A) The great thing about debian package system is that it work well.
     Ubuntu also has nice upgrade features like tool that migrates
     documents to unicode.
B) dd is your friend, it is the only tool that keep the bits intact.
     dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/mnt/hd/file
     Replace /dev/hda1 with your partition and /mnt/hd with the place
     your mounted the partiton that has the extra place and file with
     the name of the file. And if you want to downgrade to warty back
     then dd if=/mnt/hd/file of=/dev/hda1 .
C) Just remember if you have a problem the bugzilla is a good place
    to get it resolved.

Olafur Arason