moving partititions

Jim Cheetham jim at egressive.com
Thu Apr 7 23:44:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 23:37 +0100, Tony Arnold wrote:
> > prelinking will probably help more than changing the physical location
> > on the disk.
>
> Sorry, but what is prelinking in this context?

A way to "get programs to load faster", which was the motivation for
wondering about relocating disk partitions :-)

http://people.ubuntulinux.org/~mako/ubuntu-traffic/u20041008_07.html#10

If you're really trying to squeeze a few milliseconds out of app load
time, and are willing to sacrifice multiple seconds/minutes of CPU time
to get it, prelinking is "easier" and goves more benefit.

I still wouldn't exactly recommend it, though.

--
-jim cheetham = jim at egressive dot com
www.egressive.com, www.effusiongroup.com