Lost the menu line in Gnumeric (Warty)

Alf-Ivar Holm alfh at student.matnat.uio.no
Thu Apr 7 21:32:25 UTC 2005

ddhummel <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> writes:

> I'm experiencing the same problem.  Purging and reinstalling gnumeric
> and related packages does not fix the problem.  If anyone comes up with
> a fix, please post it here.

Finally looked into the matter, and found one quite quickly: editing
or removing ~/.gnome2/Gnumeric will do.  I did the easiest ("rm
~/.gnome2/Gnumeric") since the file only had one or two lines.  FWIW,
the new one looks like this (the lines inside the "snip, snip" lines):

[Placement]
Dock=ObjectToolbar\\0,3,0,0\\FormatToolbar\\0,2,0,0\\StandardToolbar\\0,1,0,0\\Menubar\\0,0,0,0

If you have a lot of other stuff in your file, you can try to recreate
the Placement section as above.

	Affi