everyday multimedia not supported: xpdf,gpdf

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Thu Apr 7 20:37:54 UTC 2005

So I haven't installed them under ubuntu yet, but on sarge I found pdftools very usefool. Ok, their not with a nice graphic frontend, but have the capebility to extract images and so forth from a pdf and they have a nice documentation so are easy to use...

I don't know if this is the point that was being made, but to my
> opinion xpdf (or gpdf) lack one very important feature: the ability to
> select and extract text or images from a pdf file.

Definitely ! If only gpdf could implement Acrobat's selection tools to
copy text or graphics, I would gladly give up Acrobat, too big and
ugly :-/