Floppy drive weird behaviour. Hoary.

Jenny Drake jennydrake at lineone.net
Thu Apr 7 10:59:23 UTC 2005

Some more information.
I tried directly writing an old Debian boot floppy image I had onto one
of the disks that had given an "Error formatting track #0" message with
the Floppy Formatter gui. Using the command dd if=boot.img of=/dev/fd0
bs=1k this wrote fine. This suggests that the disks and the drive are
OK, leaving a possible problem with the mounting of the floppy drive.
Any clues how to track this down further?

Jenny

--
"On a planet of peril she dared to defy its evil rulers."