when hoary final will be released?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 6 08:29:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 09:55:00AM +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

> Yeah but that's just a 6 month old planning ! Right now there are many
> little things that could benefit 3 more weeks of development, so why
> release a "rough" version, when 3 more weeks of work (until late april),
> could possibly sort some little things out.... is it all for the sake of
> sticking to this planning ?? God, that's scary :o(((

Yes, it was planned six months in advance, just as the work to be done was
planned in advance.

Hoary is quite solid, and we intend to produce a high-quality release by the
end of this week.  I wouldn't characterize it as "rough" at all.

Drastically changing our release plans at the last minute, for any reason,
rather defeats the purpose of a time-based release schedule.

In short: Don't Panic, everything is OK.

--
 - mdz