Question Regarding Sound using Hoary and Kubuntu

tony stegall tonyonlinux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 04:23:03 UTC 2005

This is not KDE SPECIFIC for the same thing happened when using Gnome.
The symtoms are as follows.
When using alsa for my sound the master volume control does not work.
What I mean by doesn't work is it has no effect on the sound what so
ever. Only PCM, MONO,HEADPHONES do anything in terms of volume
control. However, I have noticed that if I plug speakers into the
headphone jack of the laptop then the master volume serves a purpose.

Sound card is a AC97 that comes with the Dell Inspiron 9100s and XPS.
Any success with this and a method of getting master to actually work
or a way to bind the controls into one so KMIX will work and control
my volume this would be wonderful. I know several individuals that use
this card but no success either. Thanks for your time and I await your
reply.
-Tony-
Happy Hoary Kubuntu user.

--
Windows killed my computer so I killed it back.
Linux All the way (Eat that Bill)