How to upgrade from warty to hoary...

Carsten carscht at jpberlin.de
Tue Apr 5 12:45:27 UTC 2005

tomtom wrote:

> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
> mozilla-firefox-gnome-support: Depends: mozilla-firefox (=
> 1.0.2-0ubuntu2) but 1.0-2 is installed
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
>
> upgrade stops there. no gnome is installed....
>
> how can i get ride of this error and finish the upgrade?

Without having seen this problem yet, it looks like you should try
"apt-get -f install" first to solve the dependency problems. If the
problem occurs again, maybe removing the package
mozilla-firefox-gnome-support helps. After the update you probably want
to install it again.
But I still can't really see how this happened at all, I have installed
mozilla-firefox_1.0.2-0ubuntu4 and
mozilla-firefox-gnome-support_1.0.2-0ubuntu4 without any problems.
Hope you'll succeed,
Carsten