Microsoft declares war

Werner Punz werpu at gmx.at
Tue Apr 5 07:37:49 UTC 2005

John wrote:

> I wouldn't ordinarily use sensationalist headlines, or even mention news
> stories but this does seem important:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/18/ballmer_linux_lawsuits/
>
> No, it's not April 1.

Microsoft is playing with its life there...

Face it, if Microsoft harrasses too many governments they can couple up
and give them a decisive smack on the head over the WTO (I am thinking
in terms of breakup, killing the entire us broken patent law which
Microsoft is so severely workin on putting on all over the world)

If they go for a government like China, it simply has to pull the US
credits and voila the dollar goes down the drain.
And believe me, in a serious inflation 50 billions in a bank which is
close to going bankrupt is nothing. I can remember the stories of the
30s of my grandmother, who lived here in Europe back then, such a sum
could only get you a loaf of bread.

Ballmer is playing with the life of his company here, without realizing
it in his endless greed for more money.