Mozilla Thunderbird

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Tue Apr 5 02:20:02 UTC 2005

Niran Babalola wrote:
|>Now I've got an extra pane below the month when I click on the
|>clock-applet.  It's full of tasks and appointments I don't want and
|>can't get rid of.
|>
|>Do I have to reload Evolution to access the controls for this thing?  Or
|>is there another way into it?  The help page for the clock-applet
|>doesn't mention anything about tasks and appointments.
|

| How did you load it without Evolution? The clock applet responds to
| the visibility settings from Evolution, so if you uncheck a calendar
| there, it will remove it from the clock applet. Then you can just
| check it within Evolution when you want to see it and uncheck it
| afterwards. You can also completely delete the calendar there if you
| want.
|
| - Niran

Hi Niran:

Many thanks for your help.

I had removed Evolution but I couldn't remove evolution-data-server
without losing a bunch of Gnome stuff.  The .ics file must have gone
into data-server when I clicked on the .ics link.  That filled up the
calendar with tasks and appointments.

I've reloaded Evolution and gone into the calendar section.  I can see
all the tasks but I can't see how to delete them (delete is greyed out)
or how to kill the .ics channel.  The help file doesn't mention deleting
remote .ics calendars.  However, I found the cache.xml file in
~/.evolution/cache/calendar/webcal*******.ics/
and deleted it and the directory.

I've restarted Evolution but it didn't dump the tasks.  So I deleted
~/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics
and
~/.evolution/tasks/local/system/tasks.ics
and restarted Evolution again.  Still didn't get rid of the tasks.

I've read page after page off google but I can't find an answer to this.
~ Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ed
- --
Ed Fletcher
ed at fletcher.ca

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?  -  Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)