Networking between Ubuntu and MacOS X

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 01:41:43 UTC 2005

> For some reason, there is no .deb for V.2 of netatalk. The real problem is
> that distros are continuing to package v.1.6.4 which only works with OS 9.
> What's worse is that there are no caveats.... you find out when it doesn't
> work, and then of course most people blame themselves for doing something
> wrong ;-)
>
> V.1.6.4 does NOT work with OS X !

Umm. Umm. Umm.

I guess my YellowDogLinux install doesn't know what version of
netatalk it's running:

After connecting to my YDL server from Ubuntu Hoary:

[root at localhost root]# netatalk-config --version
1.6.4

And, I connect to it all the time (since my last update to YDL 4 broke
Samba and I've been too lazy to apply the necessary patch...) using OS
X 10.3.8.

Eric.