Another extremely urgent nVidia driver testing request

Cef cef at optus.net
Mon Apr 4 11:45:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:10, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi all,
> nVidia have released another version of their driver (1.0.7174) as an
> errata release to 1.0.7167 with very few changes.  We're hopefully
> going to pick this one up for Hoary, but as with 7167, it needs a fair
> bit of testing.  If anyone with an nVidia card could please add this
> to their sources list:
> deb http://people.ubuntu.com/~daniels/l-r-m/ i386/
> for i386 users, or:

Installed the 2.6.10-5-386 kernel, appropriate restricted modules &
nvidia-glx. After booting that kernel it worked fine.

Then I found I could install 2.6.10-5-686's restricted modules (kernel was
already installed, dependency problem perhaps?), so I rebooted with that
matching kernel and it also worked well. I have now removed the 2.6.10-5-386
kernel image & matching restricted modules without incident.

Did a bit of 3D graphics testing (scorched3d, screensavers, etc) and it all
passed with flying colours.

Note that it still doesn't fix my bugzilla logged problem with EDID as done by
the nvidia driver, locking out the 1440 x 900 laptop screen mode at 60 Hz,
but I didn't really expect it to either.

 Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - cef at optus.net