Networking between Ubuntu and MacOS X

Matthew S-H mathbymath at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 04:49:30 UTC 2005

I was having the EXACT same problem before I first posted this question
this list.  I assumed I was just making some stupid mistake.

Anyone know of any walkthroughs, or does anyone have the time/knowledge
to provide one?
I want to set up samba or netatalk.  Not really sure which one is
better.  It seems as though the general consenses is tto go with samba,
but I'm willing to go with whichever works.

My next step will be to set up VNC to work nicely.  I already have it
set up to go between my 2 macs (1 is a desktop, the other is a laptop).
  It works wonderfully.

~Matt