Problem installing Hoary on AMD64 Asus K8S-MX

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 3 00:22:11 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 01:31:35AM +0200, Anders Wallenquist wrote:

> I know the drivers are part of the Linux kernel, and I also know that
> there is a process to choose what drivers to be part of a specific
> kernel. A specific kernel will work for some computers and not for
> others.

Distributions like Ubuntu build generic kernels with as many drivers as
possible; to do otherwise would be countproductive.

> If the kernel are built for nForce-platform, then say so.

You already claimed this, and I already corrected you: this is not so.

> >I don't know for whom you are recommending this process, but it sounds
> >expensive.
> >

> Well can you recommend another process?

Yes, I have described a better approach already in this thread.  Collect
information from the user community.

--
 - mdz